Google
 
Web sidcruise.blogspot.com

Monday, August 08, 2005

Underdogs has it real easy!!

I feel that the underdogs always has it easy they have no burden of expectations to carry, they can feel at ease when they are asked to take the plunge compare this with the Champions, tons of expectations and above anything else the personal pride is always at stake!

I always consider myself the champ as I am good at each sport I ever played and life only gets tougher when you are looked upon by the whole team to perform and save them the blushes...

I am no stranger to this scenario and was asked whether I am good at bowling by my peers and definitely I said Well I am !! ... We were having a company party and they had organized a bowling competition....

A new place and so many people to impress, no tall order for me ....but strangely I was jittery and nervous before the big day arrived (I did try not pick up anything heavy just in case !!!)..infact I always felt like this just before the moment of truth what if I am unable to perform what people will think !!....


Carrying all my fears with me I made a dash to the party location, to make life easier they were hardly any gurls and also in office they always tell us if you spot anything of feminine characteristic in and around you in the office premises get your eyes checked !!!!......

The game started and I was set to roll last in my team .....I carefully picked the ball up ..made it shine as if I was the pro! ....darted slowly with the bowl towards the alley ...and with one thunderous blow delivered the ball from my hand and to my dismay I had given a little more spin, so there I stood holding my breath as the fear gripped me ......but fortunately the spin wasn't too much for the ball to escape the alley it was just enough to stay on course and attack the middle pin and it did with all its might bringing all the other pins tumbling down with it ...

It was a STRIKE !!!!!! I couldn't be happier ...The result of the match is another story ....but I didn't let anyone down especially me ...

After the game we partied hard and danced like no one was seeing us ...and I really wish none was watching us ...some guys were ungainly in their steps !!!!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, this is funny! lol
good writing :) - Yashas

4:02 AM  
Blogger darthcoder said...

lol...i had 3 strikes :P
And no..I wasnt ungainly :D.

DC.

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big Vole...I'm sure that the strike actually meant that your team struck your big head with boulders :D

11:48 AM  
Blogger sidcruise said...

No Vole its all true !!

7:17 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

ahh, bowling. It's been a while since I've gone. I miss it. Thanks for reminding me of a favorite pasttime.

4:42 AM  
Blogger Just Me said...

ummm bowling...i've done it drunk a few times...with the bumpers in the gutters...and still only got a 90...must be doing something wrong ;-)

8:33 PM  
Blogger Weary Hag said...

I never got the hang of bowling, but more to the point of your story, you're exactly right about the whole "underdog" thing. Champions have to bear too much pressure! To heck with that ... my motto is "if you don't try, you can't fail." Sad but so true.

4:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home