Google
 
Web sidcruise.blogspot.com

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Whats in a Name?

I was in a impression all my life that I was the finicky one looking for every inch of detail, keeping my room always sparkling clean, well something of a control freak....

But as I thought I am never alone in this world ,the countless musicians and moviestars who keep tinkering their names to get them much needed attention which does fades away eventually, are far more fussy then I can ever imagine, and resons blared are nothing but laughable....One such specimen is P.daddy oops diddy (P.S. Last heard his name was Diddy, names are subjected to change on timely basis), and the reason for his umpteen baptification was just plain simple i.e after dropping the prefix 'P' will bring him closer to his ardent fans I believe him. But what about the confusion his family and all his legions of girlfriends have to go through ...and also the kids imagine they be informed about his latest name by other kids in school...I think for the next week all diddy will do is to get used to his name and also make sure others get his name right !

One more culprit is Prince also known as The Artist and the Symbol only he can explain what it means..

3 Comments:

Blogger Just Me said...

i'm going to change my name...for the 10th time...just to keep up with them

7:12 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

With celebrities, it seems that their name is more a marketing tool (Ziggy Stardust, Napoleon Dynamite), whereas with your typical person, the name is a means of identification.

Perhaps the name change is a means of saying "I made it."

1:28 PM  
Blogger Weary Hag said...

Good point! I can take you back in time to yet another annoying famous name changer. John Cougar started out as John Cougar (Jack and Diane, Hurt So Good) then later changed it to John Cougar Mellencamp. Grrr. I think they just want their recordings to show up in several alphabet listings at the music stores. hehe

4:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home